Tom&Jerry, Testo+Traduzione

« Older   Newer »
_Kyocchan<3Miyavi†
view post Posted on 6/7/2008, 16:47

music/lyrics: Miyavi

release: Gagaku [2002.10.31]

Romanji

choppiri se no chiisana ITAZURAzuki no oCHIBIsan ni, DOJI de MANUKEna oniichan.

J: “itsumo itazura* shite gomen ne… MAMA ni naishou de daiji ni shiteta daikoubutsu no CHIIZU ageru kara sa, yurushitekurenai kana…?”

Hey, ready or not, here I come…saa deteoide
Onisan* kochira “onaka” no naruhou e
Are you ready mou ii kai? No, not yet maada da yo
atama kakushite mo “shippo” ga mieteru yo*

Hide - and - seek in my remembrance.

itsumo DONCHAN yatte sa, KENKA shite bakka kedo,
kondo, omae genki'n nattara mou, ijiwaru shitari shinai kara.
itsumo wa terekusai kara konna koto iwanai kedo,
ORE, moshi omae ni nanika attara zettai mamotteyakkara.

dakara…

T: “PAPA ni himitsu de kakushiteoita, oki ni iri no GARAKUTA ageta nara, hayaku yoku naru kana…?”

A view of life as something transient and empty.

odekete, hanikande, YANCHA bakka shite
“omoide” ga atama no naka oikakekko shite
odotte, hashaide, ojigi shite
nde “namida” to jareau no.

mata itsuka dekiru kana, dekiru yo ne?
onigokko mo, tsumi ki mo, orusuban mo, zenbu shiyou.
ippai, ippai asobou…
dakara…

°-°-°-°-°-°

English

A big stupid fool, to a small little shrimp that loves to tease.

J: "Sorry I always tease* you... I'll give you my favorite pieace of cheese which I've kept secretly from my mama, so won't you forgive me, maybe...?"

Hey, ready or not, here I come... now, come out
The one who's it is called "this way to my "stomach""*
Are you ready? No, not yet*
You're hiding your head but I can still see your tail*

We always go all out on each other, always fighting, but
next time, if you get better, then I wouldn't pick on you any more.
I'm always so embarassing so I don't say these things but,
I, if you're troubled by something, I'll absolutely protect you.

So...

T: "If I give you my favorite piece of garbage that I've hidden secretly from my papa, would you get better soon...?"

A view of life as something transient and empty.

Always only joking, being shy and mischievous
Chasing after the "memories" inside my head
dancing, frolicking, bowing
and then playing together along with "tears."

Hide - and - seek in my remembrance

We can do it again sometime, we can, can't we?
Tag and hide-and-go-seek and house, let's play them all.
let's play a whole bunch, a whole bunch
So...

Notes:
*"Tome to Jurii" is a very interesting title. It is apparent through the lyrics, that this seems to be based off of the cartoon "Tom and Jerry." However, this is not what "Tom and Jerry" is in Japanese. "Tome" is an old Japanese name - one that is not very common this day and age. "Jurii" is the way to spell "Julie" - a common American name - in Japanese. I love trying to figure this one out, based on "the facts." (i.e. Miyavi's real first name starts with a "T"... and he's said "Maybe Julie?" in his dairy before.) Some kind of fantasy? Will this forever me a mystery to us?

*Written: "itazura" which is like making fun of someone typically older than you, like a teacher. Sung: "ijiwaru" which is like teasing a girl or someone under you like a newbie or someone younger than you.

*The Japanese word for "tag" is "onigokko" and the "oni" (demon) is the one who's "it." In this case, of course, the one who's it trying to catch and eat the other player. This song is based off of "Tom and Jerry" but is not the entire meaning of the song itself.

*written: "demon/the one who's it" sung: "big brother." Actually, "big brother" is what you call a male who is a peer that is older than you. Of course, it can also be used to call one's own big brother, but not in this case. In Japan, these names are common and used as a form of respect to the other person; and older man or woman would be called "grandpa" or "grandma" and a middle-aged man or woman would be called "uncle" or "aunt." There is also "big sister" too. (I've never heard the terms "little brother/sister" used, though.)

*It was repetitive to translate "mou ii kai" and "maada da yo" because it means exactly what he wrote in English in that line. In other words, he wrote the same things twice, but in each language.

*Written: tail. Sung: butt.

*Just like in "Coo quack cluck -ku ku ru-", there is something whispered by Miyavi at the end, which is not written in any lyric book. Fortunately, I know what he says this time. He says "live" (in Japanese, of course. For the romanization of this, go (link to te romanization page).)

•Lani•
view post Posted on 10/11/2008, 20:51

mi rilassa tantissimo questa canzone!

ilaria_kurosaki
view post Posted on 11/11/2008, 18:17

Grazie!

2 replies since 6/7/2008, 16:47   1008 views